Wednesday, January 20, 2010

ToTW Catch Up: 10/26/2009

Track of the Week: "The Fly II" by Christopher Young, from The Fly II



While Howard Shore's score for the first Fly movie holds the gold standard for "operatic" horror scores, I love the grand sense of dread that Christopher Young's score for the second film instills in me. I've been slowly warming to Young's style of music, in no small part because of the harmonious quality that he gives his Horror scores. I've always been one to shy away from horror on account of it usually being atmospheric and dissonant (Though I tend to find Goldenthal's work more pleasing, go figure). With Young, you get the horror, but you also get very listenable themes. The Fly II is a great place to start.


 - 'Till Next Time, Soundtrack Fans!

No comments:

Post a Comment