Sunday, January 24, 2010

ToTW 1/24/2010

Track of the Week: "It Takes a Woman" by Hans Zimmer & The Jigs, from An Everlasting Piece



As Zimmer has shown more recently in Sherlock Holmes, he can do quirky and interesting when he feels like it. I absolutely fell in love with this Irish-soaked score: one part traditional jigs and one part rock'n'roll. I particularly like the rolling drumline in this cue, really gets my feet tapping. If you're not a fan of this type of music, well, just tune in next week: I promise I have something from the other end of the spectrum for you.

 - 'Till Next Time, Soundtrack Fans!

1 comment:

  1. James, laddie, I almost skipped over this one. A comedy? A movie poster featuring a giant toupee? A movie about *wig salesmen*? How could the music be anything good? I'm fortunate that you were kind enough to include thoughtful commentary; that's quite a fun little, er, piece!

    ReplyDelete