Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Of all the Nerve...

So, I was planning on using Blogger's handy-dandy video uploader for my Track of the Week entries, and got two of the posts up before I realized that the videos were no longer running. Confused, I decided to wait for a day and see what happened, but still no dice when I checked back in 24 hours later.

I really had to dig through Google's/Blogger's FAQ in order to get to the bottom of things, but long story short, they've disabled video uploading. I knew something was weird when I went to the Google Video portion of my account and found that clicking on "Upload" produced an error message. It wasn't until I clicked on the link talking about "Why is my video blocked" that the "We are no longer offering uploads" message appeared.

And they annoying part? The Video Upload function still appears to "work"! I can still "upload" videos to a blog post (goes through the "processing" phase and everything), but once it's all done, no amount of clicking on any of the player buttons does anything. Admittedly, this is part of the "old" post editor (the video is missing on the new one), but still! Google could have done a better job of notifying people about the change.

So, I ended up creating a new YouTube account in order to host all my videos. Things should be running smoothly in the next day or two.

 - 'Till Next Time Soundtrack Fans!

No comments:

Post a Comment